Good morning,my nephew who is 5 years old,last week started to drool. he did have a course of antibiotics medicent for high temperture and sore throat approx to weeks ago.  He has slight CP.  But this drooling has just started.  any ideas.

regards Margaret

Gum and throat problems can lead to drooling as well, as can ulceration of the inner lining of the mouth, outer lining of the tongue, etc.

Apply plain glycerine lotion over the entire lining of the mouth two or three times a day, till the problem is mitigated.

Dr. Taher  

Dr. Taher Kagalwala

I come from India, and have been practising since 29 years. I am specially interested in infections, asthma, newborn care and parenting. I have authored a book on Parenting.It is called "Child Care: From Birth to Eighteen". The e-book is now available on
and on and all local versions, including I have my professional site at Blogger. Here, you can read good advice and also seek a professional online consultation for a small fee. Do check out

Qualified Pediatrician practising since 29 years.
Currently working in the United Kingdom. You may reach me on my cell number +447440622670 or email me on only if I have not responded to your query here in a reasonable time. If you directly call me or email me, I might not be able to respond. Thank you for understanding. Please do not Whatsapp me.

Indian Academy of Pediatrics, life member. Mumbai Branch of the I.A.P., life member. Genetics Chapter of the I.A.P.

Indian Pediatrics, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, Toxicology Abstracts.

M.D., M.R.C.P.C.H. (U.K.), Ph. D. (U.S.A.) D.C.H.

Gold Medallist in D.C.H., April, 1985
Highest aggregate marks in University of Mumbai, for M.D. ( Pediatrics ), October 1986.
Passed out with distinction from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, U.K. in 2015.

1. Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (K.E.M. Hospital) 2. Private consulting practice. Worked as the Asst. Paediatrician and DNB Teacher at Masina Hospital. Also visiting Saifee Hospital, Mumbai. 3. Ministry of Health in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as a Specialist Paediatrician. 4. Now with the NHS, UK as a Specialist Paediatric Registrar at Blackpool, Lancashire, UK.