Pediatrics/5 and 1/2 month old passing stools for more than 10 days

Question
Hello Dr. Puneet,
My 5 and 1/2 months old daughter is passing stools 8 to 9 times a day for more than 10 days. I have visited pedeatric multiple times but all efforts are in vein. Stool test report is normal. Doctor gave antibiotic Oflox 100, stopped breast milk and started isomil considering lactogen issue. She passes stool immediately after feeding her.
We had started external food for her 15-20 days back. Could that be reason?
Now she is on enterogermina 5 ml twice a day but still no improvement. I read about similar condition to Mrs. janahvi's son in 2011 and you had interacted with her on this forum. I did not get what was resolution for Mrs. janahvi's son from the thread.
I have referred here the link of forum between you and Mrs. janahvi in 2011 so thought you can help us to solve this issue with our daughter. Pls help us with your suggestions and guidance.
Looking forward for your response.
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Pediatrics-1429/2011/2/4-month-old-infant-1.htm

Answer
Hi Ajay,

Relax! Many a times, babies have this pattern of stools and they are OK otherwise. No treatment is required in these cases.

If baby is otherwise active, feeding well, gaining weight, passing urine regularly, I would ignore the frequency of stools.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

www.KumarChildClinic.com  

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar