Pediatrics/not gaining weight

My 5 month baby drinks my milk only for 2 to 3 minutes & stays hungry for 4 to 5 hrs.. she is 5.39 tht enough? Which food should I introduce now to make her gain weight?

Hi, lincy,

I need more information.  How big at birth?  Is she growing consistently?  Does she have any medical problems or is she healthy?  Are you and her father small people?  What does your doctor say?  

Happy to help, but need more information.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.