Pediatrics/Moles

Question
1st mole
1st mole  

2nd mole
2nd mole  
Hello, I have two moles that I'm not sure about. I have lots of moles but the reason I'm conserned with these two is because they are lighter on the edge then the rest. In the pictures the moles seem oddly shaped but in real life they are pretty round and oval and not too irregular looking. The mole in the first picture is raised in the darker area and flat in the lighter part. The mole in the second picture is flat. 1st one is on the side of my left wrist, 2nd one is on the top of my right elbow. Thanks and sorry if this isn't in your field. I'm a 16 year old male btw

Answer
Hi, Trent,

From the pictures and your description, these sound clearly like benign common moles.  Lots of moles have a halo effect on the periphery and this is also considered normal and OK. This is my field as a pediatrician.  Pictures don't have complete diagnostic value and if you are still concerned, see your doctor face an actual inspection.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD