16 days baby boy is not going to stool since 10days in this period we consult one pediatician on 5th day he said us wait until 10days but still problem is same.

we use baby feeding along with breast milk bottle milk also as lack of enough breast feeding.

Dear Lingayah,

Do let me know if he opened his bowel with dark green stool after birth, and if so, did he do it within 24 hours. If yes, then we are not worried that this might be a serious problem. Is he feeding well? Which milk? How often does he pass urine in 24 hours? How is his sleep pattern? Does he have pain - excessive crying, or pulling his legs up periodically might be what you want to look for. Finally, look at his anus and let me know if there is any redness or cracks on the skin. Examine slowly and gently with a good light source. Part the anal opening with both hands to look for the cracks.

After you reply to all the above questions, we can go ahead with the further consultation.

Dr. Taher Kagalwala

I come from India, and have been practising since 29 years. I am specially interested in infections, asthma, newborn care and parenting. I have authored a book on Parenting.It is called "Child Care: From Birth to Eighteen". The e-book is now available on
and on and all local versions, including I have my professional site at Blogger. Here, you can read good advice and also seek a professional online consultation for a small fee. Do check out

Qualified Pediatrician practising since 29 years.
Currently working in the United Kingdom. You may reach me on my cell number +447440622670 or email me on only if I have not responded to your query here in a reasonable time. If you directly call me or email me, I might not be able to respond. Thank you for understanding. Please do not Whatsapp me.

Indian Academy of Pediatrics, life member. Mumbai Branch of the I.A.P., life member. Genetics Chapter of the I.A.P.

Indian Pediatrics, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, Toxicology Abstracts.

M.D., M.R.C.P.C.H. (U.K.), Ph. D. (U.S.A.) D.C.H.

Gold Medallist in D.C.H., April, 1985
Highest aggregate marks in University of Mumbai, for M.D. ( Pediatrics ), October 1986.
Passed out with distinction from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, U.K. in 2015.

1. Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (K.E.M. Hospital) 2. Private consulting practice. Worked as the Asst. Paediatrician and DNB Teacher at Masina Hospital. Also visiting Saifee Hospital, Mumbai. 3. Ministry of Health in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as a Specialist Paediatrician. 4. Now with the NHS, UK as a Specialist Paediatric Registrar at Blackpool, Lancashire, UK.