Pediatrics/vaccination

Question
My baby was given quadrovax -dpt+hib, in 2nd and 4th month . her vaccination was delayed due to illness . She was given 3rd dose of quinvaxem -dpt+hib+hep b, in 7.5 months.
my questions are:
Does it in anyway adversely affect immunity building against these Diseases that is to say that same vaccine quadrovax should have been used for the r third dose as Well?
Change of brand Matters?
Are pentavalent vaccines equally Effective? Are they safe especially Quinvaxem?
same combination should have been followed dpt +Hib?

Answer
Dear Navneet,

There is no clear evidence on the questions you have asked, but let me assure you that for all practical purposes, most brand switches are compatible with proper immunity development as long as the vaccine is good for use, licensed appropriately and handled correctly via proper cold-chain (i.e. does not get warmed up during transport from manufacturer to distributor to retailer to doctor).

I can also assure you that delay is quite all right if it is due to child-health related issues. No problems should occur in the uptake.

Your child's doctor is probably on the right side of his practice, and changing from a tetravalent to a pentavalent vaccine was done to reduce the number of shots she would have otherwise needed.

Do revert if you need more information.

Dr. Taher  

Pediatrics

Dr. Taher Kagalwala