Pediatrics/Pain After Antibiotic Shot

Question
Hello I recently got an antibiotic and pain medicine shot/injection above my buttock and the area is still hurting when I touch it or sit. This was about 12 days ago. There was really no pain the few days right after. It just recently started around day 8. Do you have any advice on what this can mean and what I can do about it? Thank you so much.

Answer
Dear Arnold,

Although not common, infection introduced by any needle can lead to inflammation and pain at the injection site. If you don't get relief with ibuprofen or other, similar pain killers, consider going to your doctor for a physical check.

Dr. Taher

Pediatrics

Dr. Taher Kagalwala