Pediatrics/Pain After Injection of Antibiotic

Question
Hello I recently got an antibiotic and pain medicine shot/injection above my buttock and the area is still hurting when I touch it or sit. This was about 12 days ago. There was really no pain the few days right after. It just recently started around day 8. Do you have any advice on what this can mean and what I can do about it? Thank you so much.

Answer
Hi John,

If the pain has started after a few days, then it is better to follow up with your doctor and get yourself examined. The injection site might have got infected.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

www.KumarChildClinic.com

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar