Pediatrics/Pain After Injection

Question
Hello I recently got an antibiotic and pain medicine shot/injection above my buttock and the area is still hurting when I touch it or sit. This was about 12 days ago. There was really no pain the few days right after. It just recently started around day 8. Do you have any advice on what this can mean and what I can do about it? Thank you so much.

Answer
IM injections tend not to be given in this area of the body any more because of potential complications. I am also not sure why you would need to have antibiotics and analgesia given by this route - is a bit odd.
If you are worried you need to go back to the doctor who gave the drugs.

Pediatrics

Dr Graham Smith