Pediatrics/Spider bite

When it happen but it got worse than that picture
When it happen but it  

my son got bit by a spider about 2 weeks ago the swelling went down about a week ago but now it then turned black and where the spider bit him it is really hard i took him to the doctor 4 times already

Hi, Antoinette,

It is always hard to tell if a spider did this or something else, unless you actually see, or he saw, the insect.  Assuming it is a bite, we tend to see more reactions to spider bites than other insect bites.  The swelling of the lid in the first picture is how bites work when they are around the eyes and near the lids...they swell up greatly.  I would just watch this.  It should be better.  What has your doc said?  

Good luck and happy Holiday, Dr.Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.