Pediatrics/Toddler sleep

Question
21 month old having a full month of sleep issues at bed time, night wakings and early wakings. Was sleep trained and has been an awesome sleeper and self soother for almost a year til now. Climbs out of crib, cries, wanders about house in middle of night asking for milk or tv, sometimes inconsolable, sometimes can settle with brief back rub or fixing blanket or stuffed animal.  Still stick to our training techniques. Maybe a couple nights a week he sleeps through the night. His naps are 1 nap around 2 hrs a day and his bedtime is around 7/7:30, waking around 6/6:45 on a good day or 5 on days when he had lots of night waking. Have a pre bed routine w bath and books. Also has history of loose stools which we've passed as teething but now I question it. At first thought this was a regression but it's been going on too long.

Answer
Three main issues:
1.check for constipation
2.such night cries can be related to dreams and called as night terrors
3.apart from story telling, a little extra fat at bedtime in dinner will help the child get sound sleep.

Loose motions may be related to infection or malabsorption.  

Pediatrics

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician