Pediatrics/Toddler sleep

21 month old having a full month of sleep issues at bed time, night wakings and early wakings. Was sleep trained and has been an awesome sleeper and self soother for almost a year til now. Climbs out of crib, cries, wanders about house in middle of night asking for milk or tv, sometimes inconsolable, sometimes can settle with brief back rub or fixing blanket or stuffed animal.  Still stick to our training techniques. Maybe a couple nights a week he sleeps through the night. His naps are 1 nap around 2 hrs a day and his bedtime is around 7/7:30, waking around 6/6:45 on a good day or 5 on days when he had lots of night waking. Have a pre bed routine w bath and books. Also has history of loose stools which we've passed as teething but now I question it. At first thought this was a regression but it's been going on too long.

Three main issues:
1.check for constipation
2.such night cries can be related to dreams and called as night terrors
3.apart from story telling, a little extra fat at bedtime in dinner will help the child get sound sleep.

Loose motions may be related to infection or malabsorption.  

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician

also click here for what to ask a doctor?. download Question answer android app on child health from . Free advice also on topics like asthma epilepsy tuberculosis in children. I am a proud father and a qualified pediatrician with an expertise and interest in counseling parents regarding different aspects of health and disease making them understand children, their health and disease and the doctors.Download android app to ask free questions from Read my reviews/ratings at REVIEWS I do treat and counsel all classes and specialties, I have a special expertise and interest in queries regarding feeding of infants and; the common cold & related illnesses including asthma. I as a friendly doctor, try to help you understand the children, the disease, the treatment and the doctor! At the end, dont forget to add prestige points and nominations for me, as that is the only incentive for me to continue with free service. Affiliated to Seth G S Medical college and KEM Hospital Mumbai India (1992 till 2010). Now at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. *Online Pediatrician * KEY WORDS: ASTHMA EPILEPSY REPEATED RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS TUBERCULOSIS INFANT FEEDING HEART DISEASES ADHD AUTISM ADD SECOND OPINIONS PAID ANSWERS

I was a pediatrician at Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital Mumbai India, since 1999 till 2010. Currently as a pediatrician and as a associate professor at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. Pioneered as Online Indian Pediatrician for free advice SINCE 2002. Now also at Shushrusha Hospital Dadar,Mumbai INDIA daily 7 to 9 PM. Child Specialist dr Kondekar

Promote Your Page Too

Visit for more details of organisation.(since 1992 till 2010)

Publications best is to do a google search for "Dr S kondekar"

I am MD DNB in pediatrics and a fellow of College of Physicians and surgeons of Mumbai, and fellow of foundation for advancement of medical education and research GSMC. Currently also as a consultant in child health specialist pediatrician in Mumbai India at Shushrusha Hospital Walk in clinic Daily 7 to 9 pm Dadar West.

do visit my BlogSite

A lot number of simple people and medicos who consult Dr SK daily for their problems. Around 4000 plus client on this site alone.