Pediatrics/rotavirus vaccine

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir, at 6weeks age my child was given comvac5+opv on 10/05/16,rotateq on 11/05/16 and synflorix on 12/05/16.after one month again she was given serum institute's dtp+hib pro+opv on 14/06/16,rotateq on 15/06/16 and synflorix on 16/06/16.
My doc didn't give all the vaccines on the same day. Is that ok?one of my friend told me all the vaccines must be administered on same day. Please tell me what should I do!

ANSWER: Hi Imtiaz,

It is better if all the vaccines are given on the same day. However, there is no harm if these vaccines given separately.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

www.KumarChildClinic.com  

QUESTION: Thank you so much for your reply.
I have another query, as I have read somewhere on internet that opv and rotavirus vaccine both are live vaccines. So in my case,will the both vaccines opv and rotateq be effective? I just want to make sure that my daughter is properly immunized. Thank you again for your kind reply.

Answer
Hi Imtiaz,

The concept of "1 month gap" between two live vaccines is valid only for injectable live vaccines...It is not applicable to oral live vaccines. Hence, there is nothing to worry on that count.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

www.KumarChildClinic.com  

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar