Pediatrics/Vomiting

Question
My little one is 2.5 months old and we have been giving her iron supplement- Feronia XT- 0.7 ml, Multi Vitamin A-Z and D3, 0.5 ml each. Today after having the iron drops in the morning, she vomited everything she had eaten. I fed her 3 times after that and in the evening I gave her the multi vitamins, she vomited within seconds. She does not have fever and seems playful as usual when awake. Though she vomits sometimes in small amounts after feedings, as is common with babies as I understand, this is the first time she has vomited the entire stuff. Is there anything to be worried about?
I have read at places that Iron supplements are normally given after 6 months. Is it correct?

Answer
Hi Manisha,

You need to get your baby examined if vomitings persist, especially if she appears sick.

ALL babies require iron supplements after 6 months of age. However, some younger abies also require iron supplement....

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

www.KumarChildClinic.com  

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar