Pediatrics/How does a child suffer?

Question
How does a child suffer? She lives in an institution in Japan for abandoned children. She receives better medical care/material wellbeing and education than most children in the United States. There is no abuse, but she never receives love and affection from adults. She never had a long-term relationship with an adult, because most adults there leave less than one year after being hired. Why do children need a long-term relationship with an adult in order to develop properly?

Answer
Every child is unique. Some children may develop normally in such circumstances. But most children do well with continuity of care. They get confused if primary care givers keep changing. They may not develop any rapport with any one. This may affect their emotional development.  

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri