Pediatrics/Would you pierce the ears

Question
QUESTION: Would you pierce the ears of a newborn girl six times, when the father asks you? How many hours a weak (there are 168 hours in one weak) must a child war earrings in her pierced ears, so the holes on her ears do not close. Would a medical doctor do this if the father asks?

ANSWER: Personally I think piercings in young children is a form of child abuse and should be dealt with accordingly.

QUESTION: Unskilled people can introduce deadly infections like tetanus. This is why he would like a medical doctor to do this. This is would be legal in this country because this man asked a lawyer. This man only wants his daughter to wear six earrings that are made in pure gold.

Answer
Whether it is legal or not does not make it right. You asked if I would pierce the ears of a newborn girl and the answer is no. She should make the decision herself when she is old enough. My 19 year old daughter has still not got her ears pierced - that is her decision.

Pediatrics

Dr Graham Smith