Pediatrics/puffy face

my daughter who is 14 years old, has a chronic puffy face for almost 2 years, she has sinusitis , rhinitis allergy, mild asthma,chronic stuffy nose, she"s a mouth breather. the meds are not effective: zyrtec,allegra,claritin,rhinocort, fluticasone. it must be something else causing a puffy face?  the hormone test was negative ( including the cortisol) but she is always very stressed out.  thanks a lot.

Hi, regina,

Sorry about the delay.  Puffy for some kids is the norm.  If this is different for her, then checking hormone levels, protein levels and checking for protein in the urine is reasonable.  I would be interested in knowing what other tests have been done

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.