Pediatrics/Swollen lymphnodes

Question
I'm a 16 year old male. I've had swollen lymphnodes for over a year now. Locations: one in groin, one on left side of neck, two under right side of my jaw, and possibly 2 on the back of my skull (it may be bone idk) after having the one on the left side of my neck and groin for a couple months, my mom brought me to the doctor. The doctor felt them, and took blood. She said they felt fine and the blood came back perfect. So I left it at that. Problem is, I noticed the two under my jaw and back of head soon after that. Now, I do have acne and read that it can cause swollen lymph nodes in these areas so I brushed it off. It's now been a year and I've had swollen lymphnodes. I have no cancer related symptoms, no weight loss, no fatigue, no loss of appetite, notning. And I'm sure if it was cancer, after a year I'd probably have at least one other symptom right? Anyways, the anxiety of fear of cancer has drivin me nuts. I'm not one to have anxiety but the last 6 months have been terrible because of it. I soon have another physical coming up so I'll try to talk to my doctor. My question to you is, does this sound like lymphoma (or other cancer) or caused by something less sinister. My family has no history of cancer except for my grandma on my dads side who had breast cancer. I've never had any health complications. Sorry to right such a long question

Answer
Hi Resee,

Relax!! It doesn't sound sinister

Nevertheless, don't miss your upcoming physical...A good examination is what one needs to diagnose/ classify such swellings

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

www.KumarChildClinic.com  

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar