Pediatrics/Dark spots on eye, normal?

Question
Eye
Eye  
I'm a 16 year old guy and have green eyes and wanted to know if these dark spots around the iris (I think that's what it's called) are normal. I have more on the left than the right. I included a picture so you could get a general idea of what I'm talking about. The very small dots are my concern. Thank you

Answer
Hi, Reese, fellow Michigander!

When I look at this picture, everything seems normal.  The iris is the colored portion of the eye.  The rim of dark around the iris is a normal finding and the darker area around the pupil is normal as well.  Everything looks great to me!

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD