Pentecostals/losing salvation

Elder anon wrote at 2011-01-01 19:20:05
Being caught in the act of adultery is equal to a pastor's passing glimpse of a woman's body.  In our bodies of sin, all may be ashamed at the rapture out of the few that were foreknown to accept Christ.

Bruce / / webpreacher wrote at 2012-06-12 15:59:54
Gregg Madden, you don't know what your talking about, also, in your own words, you have contradicted yourself throughout your discourse on Salvation. First of all, your claim is saved by grace, well, that is Biblical; Ephesians 2:8,9 makes it plain, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and NOT of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man (person) should boast". but, then you claim that a person must maintain (work) to keep tier salvation (a false doctrine taught by the Pentecostal movement). Well, God speaks to us in plain terms/language that we understand, the Bible calls salvation a gift, given to all who believe in Jesus as savior. Well then, have you ever had a gift given you by another, but then taken away?

You also claim that the act of any sin in the believer is backsliding, that also is un-Biblical, All Christians (Born Again, Spirit FILLED believers) sin every day, ALL, including you and I, however that is NOT backsliding, that is battle the fleshly desires which are many everyday.  Jesus fully paid for ALL our sins when he died on the cross, and that our conduct or good works, have NOTHING to do with salvation. Should my salvation & eternal security depend on my ability to maintain it through being good (works) and or being sinless, then I could never be saved. The great Apostle Paul admits struggling with some sin issue Romans 7:18-20:, and yet God used him mightily and counted him Faithful even to his death. Also you erred in your sighting scripture verses Romans 10:9,10 and Eph.2:8,9 as evident to, as you say, the Christian FORFEITING his salvation. What? There is NO speech in these verses that teach a forfeiting of one's salvation, (nor anywhere else in Holy Scripture). Paul is writing to believers,with assurance of Salvation, and NOT a warning of possible forfeiture of tier salvation, that it is by grace through their faith, Eph 2:8, and NOT of works at all, v.9. The same in Rom.10:9,10, it speaks of assurance of one's salvation by confessing with the mouth (a proclaiming) LORD Jesus, and believing in the heart (confidence of assurance) the resurrection of Christ, one is saved v.9 .

To all who may be reading, you can do NOTHING, to save yourself, nor plead God's mercy to save you apart from God's own redeeming work. That is, Christ finished work of grace on  the Cross, the sacrifice made of the LAMB of God, and the precious blood of Christ spilled, presented to God in Heaven at the mercy seat for full payment of your sin's debt.

Simply faith is all that is needed, Jesus called it a "child" like faith, a mere trusting in another, even the LORD Jesus is all that is needed. You don't need to try and "maintain" your salvation, NO that would be a "works" salvation. However, you must be "Born Again" (gospel of John chapter 3), that which is flesh is flesh, that which is spirit is spirit, you must be Born Spiritually. That in repenting of sin (turning away from), and believing God's Word, trusting in His Christ for to be saved.. then God's Spirit (the comforter,John,14/15/16) will come into you and seal you till the day of redemption, that is being Born Again !!!

The Bible teaches to believe NOT every spirit (1 John 4:1) (teachings) but to test what is taught by comparing it to what God has said in his HOLY WORD,the Bible, KJV...........PERIOD !

Pam wrote at 2013-01-18 20:26:11
people who are saved and have eternal security are those to have as you have said trust in Jesus and that's it. They begin to live their life for him however as you said we do fail. a true believer when they sale, are very upset and disgusted with themselves. They usually repent as soon as they can because they do not want to grieve Jesus our Lord, who died for us, bean the sacrifice that God had demanded from the very first sacrifice slaughtering an animal for its skin to cover Adam and Eve's sin. This is a representation of what Jesus did to cover  our sins. I do understand, that this is a little difficult to understand. most likely, because of my explanation. have been taught that those who do not repent are usually those who  away from Jesus, and never looking back, had never given their life to Jesus, in the first place. An example could be Judas Iscariot. Who at the surface looked as if he were a believer and part of the disciples group. he never really gave his life to Jesus, but that is another story.  

ROCKY wrote at 2013-05-04 20:41:56
You have to ask yourself the question...Do I believe God's word when he sais in John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life...If you believe God's word is truth then you need to look no further for salvation or how long your salvation is valid...If you can loose or forfeit what God did through his son on the cross then the unspeakable torture and death of Jesus Christ is absolutely the dumbest story ever told....He paid for the penalty of sin on the cross for every man that would place his belief in his sacrificial, substitutionary and atoning death...There is nothing that can be added to John 3:16...Jesus did all the work and he simply wants us to believe in him to the point that we receive him in our hearts by faith....There are a lot of people claiming they have something that they truly don't have, this does not validate anyone adding works, lifestyle or any other merit to the FINISHED works of Jesus ! My friend if you've been saved by grace through faith and washed by the blood of Jesus then you have been sealed unto the day of redemption and you can not loose what you had nothing to do with in the first place and you can not improve what Christ did over 2000 years ago and any teaching that states you can is not bible and is sinful! Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be SAVED!

Elder Greg Madden

As a born-again, Holy Ghost filled minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ I am avalible to answer questions conserning most all Biblical doctrines, the gifts and fruit of the Spirit, "Pentecostal/Apostolic" issues, and the history of the pentecostal movement. For more info check out our web site at...

My wife Darla and I have been married for twenty five years. We both gave our hearts to the Lord a few months after we were married during a revival meeting. A few weeks later I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost, and I have not been the same since!
In those twenty five years we have only attended one church, Harvest Church (Pastor Jeff Burns). I have served there as an Elder for fourteen years. We minister in song with the choir and worship team. I am also the new members class coordinator, men's ministry director, and the Harvest Riders motorcycle ministry president.
In 1993 the Lord called me to "...preach the Gospel where ever I open the door..." Darla and I have had the privilege of ministering God's Word to churches in Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas. In those meetings we have seen the Lord save, heal, deliver, and fill people will His Spirit.

I am ordained through Harvest Church, and with the World Harvest Ministerial Fellowship. I also am a licensed minister with the State of Oklahoma, and I am currantly enrolled with the Ames Bible College.