Pentecostals/pentecostal gay

I too am forth generation united Pentecostal. Born and raised on
church pews. Baptized in Jesus Name and received the HOLY GHOST and had the HOLY GHOST for nearly 25yrs.

I am now divorced and out of church. But, I am gay.
How can I be gay , have all the strict teaches, and having the HOLY GHOST and be gay?

First of all, I want to say that everything in my heart feels what you are going through.  I walked this same road and know the pain.

I found reconciliation that stabilized my life and restored my relationship with Christ.  It's a process trying to get through all the questions and doubts but it's worth it.  

There are a number of good resources available to you.  GAAAP is one.  We can introduce you to pastors, ministers and churches both in and out of our own organization that can help you.  Please feel free to contact me personally at  

You are gay for the same reason millions and millions of other people throughout the ages have found themselves gay.  You know as well as I do that we didn't ask to go through all this by selecting the gay option.  Sexual orientation crosses all boundaries; cultural, ethnic, economic, religious, blah, blah, blah...  Jesus knew you were gay in your mother's womb and saved you with that fact in mind.  It didn't hinder His love for you or His ability to save you.  Why would it hinder His ability to keep you?

God has a plan for your life that doesn't require you to live cross-grain to your nature.  You can live righteously and godly as a gay man better than you can as a "straight man" lying to yourself and everyone else.  

For some good Scriptural foundation on sexuality and Christianity, go to and't-say-about-hom.

Just know that Jesus loves you and while you may consider yourself "out of church," Jesus doesn't as long as you are walking toward the cross.  He doesn't abandon you because you are walking through a difficult issue.  That's when He's the closest.  

feel free to contact me personally for more information.  I really want to help.

Yours for taking Acts 2:38 to all people,

Robert L. Morgan

I was raised as a 4th generation Pentecostal in an ordained Assemblies of God minister's home and educated for the ministry at an A/G Bible College. I transitioned into the United Pentecostal Church International and also attended one of their Bible Colleges. I have a balanced understanding of the Oneness/Trinity debate, water baptism in the Name of Jesus, grace versus legalism, the new birth, the differences between Charismatic, Apostolic, and Pentecostal, worship, church history and the evolution of Christian theology. I have also personally confronted the issue of same gender attraction often found among classical Pentecostals.

I have a deep passion for doctrine and history which I invested myself into heavily while pursuing my education. My entire life has been spent finding Scriptural balance with help provided by exposure to reputable ministries from across the spectrum of the modern Pentecostal and Charismatic movements.

Presently, I am the General Chairman and co-founder of the Global Alliance of Affimring Apostolic Pentecostals, an "affirming" organization dedicated to sharing truth as it is understood by Pentecostals with all people, including but not limited to gay people in their pursuit of God's fullness in their often challenging lives. I attend a multicultural United Pentecostal Church in Tampa, FL.

The Pentecostal Herald. I was also one of the featured subjects of an article written for Charisma Magazine in 2000 regarding the issue of Homosexuality and Christianity.

I graduated in 1983 from Southeastern University in Lakeland, FL (Assemblies of God) with a Bachelors degree in Theology and Pastoral Ministry. I also attended JacksonCollege of Ministries in Jackson, MS where I studied organ, piano and vocal music. I attended A/G churches all my life until 1985 when I fully transitioned in the United Pentecostal Church International. I held a General License with the UPC for several years before resigning to confront personal issues with which I was struggling.