Pentecostals/illness or possesion ?

Question
Dear Pastor Carpenter,

My bride and I believe in miraculous healing. And for the second time, we have prayed to send her cancer into one of our goats.  ( Jesus sent the demons into the swine. )  Two years ago, we choose our pet goat, she was our favorite. She died, some might say of old age, but we believe that the cancer had weakened her.  This time we prayed the cancer into our best goat.  Jana’s cancer is now gone !!!!!  Praise our Holy GOD !!!!!  

So here’s my question,,,,,, do you think that cancer is a regular earthly illness or demonic ?  If, demonic, I should not let that now demon infested host goat stay on my property !  What should I do with it ?  I may have to kill it, after much prayer, to get the demon off the property.

This is not a joke to me !!  Please answer with sincerity !

Thank you very much,
Steve Wilburn

Answer
Hi Steve,

Thanks for this very interesting question.  I do believe that Demons can cause disease and distress, but not all disease and distress indicates a demonic possession.  Jesus explained that to His disciples when speaking about a man who was born blind... there was no sin or demons involved... but God was going to get glory through this trial.

John 9:1–4 (AV)
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. 4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Now let us think about when Jesus sent the demons into the pigs.... there were over 2000 of them... they ASKED to go into the pigs.... Jesus could have just sent them out.  Demons generally try to communicate, intimidate.... and bully.   Sometimes demons deprive senses like site, hearing or speach.... I do not see a cancer or even a leprosy demon in the Bible.  So here is my take for what it is worth.

You prayed for healing... God gave it.  I do not believe that He sent cancer into your pet goat....   Remember when the pigs became demon possessed, the animals knew enough to commit suicide immediately... your goat has not done that.   

Here is what we know about demons,... they hate you and would love for you to kill a beloved family pet out of fear of their existence... Remember in Jesus you are already the victor!  You do not need to fear demons... and in this case I do not believe your problem is demonic.

1 John 4:17–18 (AV)
17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Pentecostals

Pastor Don Carpenter