Pentecostals/illness or possesion ?

Dear Dr. Ainsworth,

My bride and I believe in miraculous healing. And for the second time, we have prayed to send her cancer into one of our goats.  ( Jesus sent the demons into the swine. )  Two years ago, we choose our pet goat, she was our favorite. She died, some might say of old age, but we believe that the cancer had weakened her.  This time we prayed the cancer into our best goat.  Jana’s cancer is now gone !!!!!  Praise our Holy GOD !!!!!  

So here’s my question,,,,,, do you think that cancer is a regular earthly illness or demonic ?  If, demonic, I should not let that now demon infested host goat stay on my property !  What should I do with it ?  I may have to kill it, after much prayer, to get the demon off the property.

This is not a joke to me !!  Please answer with sincerity !

Thank you very much,
Steve Wilburn

Some diseases are the result of the fallen state of the Earth after Adam's sin. Other diseases are the result of demonic activity. You will need to seek the Lord as to which applies. With that said, I don't see why you would need to send the disease or the demon into an animal in the first place. Just because Jesus did it doesn't mean you should; and, if you do, then you must do it for the same reason! It should be pointed out that Jesus sent the demons into a herd of swine/pigs and not a goat. Swine/pigs are considered unclean animals while goats are not. In the single instance where Jesus sent the demons into animals, the animals themselves ran off; so, it would seem that your goat should run off too - all things being equal.

Dr. Robert Ainsworth

I beleive in the doctrine of the Trinity and therefore I do not answer questions regarding the beliefs of the United Pentecostal Church or groups which have comparable doctrines except in the form of a critique. I can answer questions dealing with topics such as the Pentecostal experience (Baptism in the Holy Spirit) and the spiritual gifts of prophesy, word of wisdom, healings, etc., and their function and purpose in the Church and the believer's life. I can also address questions on general as well as specific Church doctrines.

I am an ordained minister and an Evangelist. I pastored local congregations for many years. I have served as a fire department chaplain, and taught in Bible colleges.

Visit our website at: where you can download some of our messages.

I hold a Ph.D. in Biblical Counseling and a Doctorate of Biblical Studies.