Hi Thank you once again for your time and  light on this matter, i have something to ask for your help understanding.

Firstly, i do agree that YAHweh is One and not three Ods in One butdifferent manifestations. Like the Father becoming flesh, Him manifesting Himself in the flesh of the Messiah Jesus.

Who then is the angel of the Lord? Because if we read the angel in the burning bush speaking to Moses was the LORD YHWH. We see it was the angel of the LORD who led Israel out of bondage but we are told by the apostle Paul it was Jesus who led them out, since Jesus is the Father in the flesh!  It was the creator YAHweh who wrote ten commandments with His own finger.

Then the angel of the LORD appears to Joshua as Captain of the Host of the LORD.  Then we see this is YAHweh Himsel? My question is many people say that for this reason it is proof the Father and Son are two different people? Who is the angel of the Lord?

My question is this

Thank you for your question.  I'm very happy to hear from you and appreciate your interest in this topic.

I was raised in the Trinitarian point of view and studied it in college as I prepared for the ministry.  However, my understanding evolved dramatically when I embraced a Oneness concept of the Godhead.  While quality theologians on both sides are often not terribly far apart in their views, there are some important differences.  

The answer to your question is found in the theological concept of theophanies.  To the Trinitarian, these are pre-incarnate appearances of Christ, the Son of God or second Person of the Godhead.  To the Oneness believer however, these are pre-Bethlehem appearances of the Almighty God who for one reason or another, temporarily took on the form of a man or an angel.  This does not require multiple persons in the Godhead.  These theophanies were temporary in duration and thus not the supreme manifestation of God we have in Jesus Christ.  A theophany is simply God temporarily wearing the "mask" of another being to accomplish a particular purpose.  

I hope this helps you.  Let me know if I can assist you further.

Robert L. Morgan
Acts 2:38  

Robert L. Morgan

I was raised as a 4th generation Pentecostal in an ordained Assemblies of God minister's home and educated for the ministry at an A/G Bible College. I transitioned into the United Pentecostal Church International and also attended one of their Bible Colleges. I have a balanced understanding of the Oneness/Trinity debate, water baptism in the Name of Jesus, grace versus legalism, the new birth, the differences between Charismatic, Apostolic, and Pentecostal, worship, church history and the evolution of Christian theology. I have also personally confronted the issue of same gender attraction often found among classical Pentecostals.

I have a deep passion for doctrine and history which I invested myself into heavily while pursuing my education. My entire life has been spent finding Scriptural balance with help provided by exposure to reputable ministries from across the spectrum of the modern Pentecostal and Charismatic movements.

Presently, I am the General Chairman and co-founder of the Global Alliance of Affimring Apostolic Pentecostals, an "affirming" organization dedicated to sharing truth as it is understood by Pentecostals with all people, including but not limited to gay people in their pursuit of God's fullness in their often challenging lives. I attend a multicultural United Pentecostal Church in Tampa, FL.

The Pentecostal Herald. I was also one of the featured subjects of an article written for Charisma Magazine in 2000 regarding the issue of Homosexuality and Christianity.

I graduated in 1983 from Southeastern University in Lakeland, FL (Assemblies of God) with a Bachelors degree in Theology and Pastoral Ministry. I also attended JacksonCollege of Ministries in Jackson, MS where I studied organ, piano and vocal music. I attended A/G churches all my life until 1985 when I fully transitioned in the United Pentecostal Church International. I held a General License with the UPC for several years before resigning to confront personal issues with which I was struggling.