Pentecostals/homosexuality and scripture

Question
Regarding NT scriptures on homosexuality; pro-gay theology maintains Paul was only speaking against homosexuals involved in pagan temple worship and those who intentionally turned from their natural affection to unnatural.  This same theology maintains the OT "abomination" scriptures were only relevant to Israel, and since we are no longer under "law" but "grace", they are not applicable.  With all my uncertainty about this issue for so long, I've come to realize one truth...it is wrong to affirm truths based solely on anyone's experiences or personal beliefs.  Final truth can only be based on what the Word of God says.  If the Holy Spirit directed Paul to speak only against those involved in pagan temple worship; those turning from "natural" to "unnatural", and warns that those who do this "will not inherit the kingdom of God", then based on the severity of this sin, it would seem the Holy Spirit would have revealed an "exception" to this had there been one.  And that exception would have been for loving, monogomous, committed relationships; but there is none in scripture.  I've read books that say back then they had no concept of a monogomous, committed relationship, therefore Paul would have no reason to write it.  Perhaps not, but the Holy Spirit knew how pro-gay theology would establish itself in time.  Since scripture does noe condone a committed homosexual relationship, I have no choice but to overall believe it sinful.  The Holy Spirit teaches to live close to God, pray every day, intercede in prayer as God leads and let the Holy Ghost pray through you as He wills.  Then and only then will a person be free of sinful tendencies that "dominate" them.  How can a spirit of homosexuality be divided up into good and bad?  There is nothing referenced in scripture about homosexuality that is positive.  I lived in that lifestyle for 40 years and have been changed for 3 years, the happiest years ever.  No one is perfect and that certainly includes me, but I can honestly say that this lifestyle no longer rules me and it's only because Christ chose to save me and continues to let His Holy Spirit teach me things I never thought possible.  The biggest lie I ever believed was that homosexuality would always rule my life.  I knew I wasn't born that way, but believed circumstances/events took place early in life which lead me into this lifestyle.  I was angry because I didn't choose to be gay, and angry because I had no control over my sexual preference and that lead me to believe I could never be free.  But God showed me that we innocently fall into the enemy's trap but just like Paul said "and such were some of you" applies to anyone today.  It was only while under conviction the Lord impressed on me my need for salvation and to determine no matter what happens, how many mistakes you make, how many countless times you fall, never to turn back because His grace and mercy was sufficient for all sins.  That's when I accepted the Lord and that's when the sexual bondage begin to break.  The day after I received salvation, the Lord told me "you must develop a daily prayer life to avoid the enemy's snares".  I'm so grateful for what He continues to teach me.  I understand your beliefs on this subject, I just wanted to share mine.  I have a burden for so many who are in turmoil over this, but I know first hand that God is able and desires it for everyone.  God Bless You.

Answer
Dear Glenn,  

First of all, I'm sorry to be so late in my response.  I've had family visiting from out of town so was overwhelmed with things to do.  

I so enjoyed reading your email.  It was so beautifully written.  Those with experience on this particular journey all know that it's just that, a journey.  We grow and learn, change and process new bits of information as they come.  I have learned to hold things loosely, especial opinions and positions upon involving subjects upon which there is much debate.  We may find ourselves on various sides of the same issue depending upon where we are on the journey at any given time.  I just try to always respect everyone's conclusion knowing that the journey is not easy and conclusions drawn often come at a great price.  

I appreciate you writing and thank you for "food for thought."

God bless you, Brother.

Robert L. Morgan
Acts 2:38  

Pentecostals

Robert L. Morgan