Pentecostals/habitual sin

Masturbation is it a sin before God or according to scripture?

I converted in to Pentecostal since I was 19 years old, now am 35 years, I received the Holy Spirit at the age of 25.I never feel myself free from the lust of masturbation which I cannot stop it, its something that I struggle with all my life, but I love the lord I have cried to the lord many times about this but I still do it sometimes even 2x a day. and when I finish I feel guilty ,condemned, and unclean am I  bond in it?

Let me first apologize for the delay in my response.  I work a double schedule and time is extremely limited.  

Your question is common but not as common as the what you say you're struggling with.  Far more people wrestle with this than step forward to seek answers.  I commend you for your bravery.

Every man and many women live with this issue on a daily basis.  It's a natural ocurrence in the normal development of human beings sexually.  I share with you what Dr. James Dobson shared in a series he produced to help families cope with issues such as this.  He told the story of how his own godly father helped him through this common challenge for young boys.  He told James that it's a natural and common human experience and that the Bible says absolutely nothing about the practice.  It's never referenced in Scripture.  It is the belief of many that it is wise to be silent where the Bible is silent.  Masturbation as a a normal release is not a sin and can actually be a desirable alternative to pent up sexual frustrations and the activity that can result.  

That said, Jesus still holds us accountable for the contents of our hearts and minds.  Lust is a sin.  Our hearts and minds must be kept under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.  Compulsive behaviors that result in guilt can often be alleviated, if not completely replaced, first of all by realizing what is and is NOT sin and by healthy alternative activities.

I commend you on your strong Pentecostal faith.  In it you have the power to face these and other challenges.  Just remember that God created you human and that includes sexuality.  It's the contents of our hearts and minds and the impact upon those who are affected by the way we live that matters.  Physical release in and of itself is not a sin and often can occur even while asleep.  We have no control over our dreams and cannot therefore be held accountable for what we dream or the body's response to such dreams.

I pray for you peace as you learn how to rightly divide God's Word as it applies to our daily lives.  Jesus didn't come to condemn us in our humanity but to save us by His grace.  Your soul's security rests in the grace of God, not the perfection of your performance.

May God bless you, brother!

Robert Morgan
Acts 2:38

Robert L. Morgan

I was raised as a 4th generation Pentecostal in an ordained Assemblies of God minister's home and educated for the ministry at an A/G Bible College. I transitioned into the United Pentecostal Church International and also attended one of their Bible Colleges. I have a balanced understanding of the Oneness/Trinity debate, water baptism in the Name of Jesus, grace versus legalism, the new birth, the differences between Charismatic, Apostolic, and Pentecostal, worship, church history and the evolution of Christian theology. I have also personally confronted the issue of same gender attraction often found among classical Pentecostals.

I have a deep passion for doctrine and history which I invested myself into heavily while pursuing my education. My entire life has been spent finding Scriptural balance with help provided by exposure to reputable ministries from across the spectrum of the modern Pentecostal and Charismatic movements.

Presently, I am the General Chairman and co-founder of the Global Alliance of Affimring Apostolic Pentecostals, an "affirming" organization dedicated to sharing truth as it is understood by Pentecostals with all people, including but not limited to gay people in their pursuit of God's fullness in their often challenging lives. I attend a multicultural United Pentecostal Church in Tampa, FL.

The Pentecostal Herald. I was also one of the featured subjects of an article written for Charisma Magazine in 2000 regarding the issue of Homosexuality and Christianity.

I graduated in 1983 from Southeastern University in Lakeland, FL (Assemblies of God) with a Bachelors degree in Theology and Pastoral Ministry. I also attended JacksonCollege of Ministries in Jackson, MS where I studied organ, piano and vocal music. I attended A/G churches all my life until 1985 when I fully transitioned in the United Pentecostal Church International. I held a General License with the UPC for several years before resigning to confront personal issues with which I was struggling.