Pentecostals/oneness/trinity

Question
Does the bible scriptures of 1John 5:7-8 a real proof of the trinity of God?

I have tried to understand this one but i cannot get to the point of seeing the word as a "person" and further more another three persons on earth,and three persons in heaven that makes the truine God, and how can these persons be explain in one or Spirit.please can i know your view on this.

thank you
Steven.

Answer
Steven,

First, let me apologize for the length of time it took to answer your question.  My father passed recently and I have had a lot to do helping my mother.

The passage you referenced is often used by well meaning but uninformed Trinitarians to prove there are three persons in the Godhead.  What all theologians know but fail to publicize among average congregants is that that passage as well as Mark 16 and Matthew 28:19 are believed to have been explanatory insertions by Trinitarian scribes who sought to interpret the assumed meaning of the original writer's intended thought.  They admit that because of the odd (for the time period# Trinitarian sound of the passages, they could not have been original to the text.  THIS IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE: These passages are NOT FOUND in the oldest manuscripts found.  THEY ARE NOT THERE!  That's why they SHOULD NOT be used to argue for a Trinity of persons in the Godhead.  I could elaborate on this subject in much greater depth but I believe this answers your question.  The Father, the Word #Son) and the Holy Ghost are distinguishable components of the indivisble one true God, not separate "persons."  

Yours for ACTS 2:38 salvation,

Robert

Pentecostals

Robert L. Morgan