Pentecostals/God and work.

Question
I have been frustrated with something that's been on my mind ever since I got saved.  My question really comes down to this...Does God really care about where I work?  Can I decide where to work for myself without having to consult with God?  Would it be a sin for me to change jobs without praying about it first. or is it just one of those things like what you wear or where you go out to eat that God really doesn't care about?  I have asked many other Christians, and received many different answers.  One person quoted Colossians 3:23, and another quoted: Proverbs 3,5-6.  So who am I supposed to listen to?  Who has the right answer?  I will be honest with you in telling you that I started running away from God years ago, because I felt that he was trying to keep me on a job that I couldn't stand. Can you help me solve this mystery?

Answer
I understand your frustration.  Things like this can be argued from various points of view as you have pointed out.

I would like to think that my answer is a combination of spiritual wisdom and common sense but that is for you to decide.  Here's what I think...  

While God cares about all the details of out lives and has a will for us that would accomplish His glory in our lives, some issues have more relevance than others.  Obviously, the color socks you put on in the morning has less bearing on the impact you have on others than the career you choose.  The Bible says a man's gift makes room for him so I like to think that God gives us abilities and talents that create opportunities for us to explore.  I think God has made us stewards over our lives and it's up to us to manage it accordingly knowing we'll give an account for how we have invested the talents He entrusted to us.  God gave Adam and Eve dominion of the Garden of Eden and let them name the animals anything they liked. Proverbs speaks of how God will guide a man in the way he (the man) will choose.  

I think it's important to seek God's will and guidance and then TRUST that He will also give us the wisdom we need to pursue the desires He puts in our hearts.

Unfortunately, people often fall into the ditch on one side or the other by going to far in any one direction.  I like the middle of the road!

Acts 2:38,

Robert L. Morgan

Pentecostals

Robert L. Morgan