I started seeing God work in my life when I met a young women, I was an atheist for many months after I was deeply betrayed in my 2 former churches.

I started praying to God concerning her, as well as his actual existence. I saw things telling me to be patient, pray, and have faith concerning a possible relationship (dating). God has acted in her life, and God did indeed reveal himself to me through his creation showing me that atheists try very hard to blind others. I now believe inGod more then I ever have.

People say these were never signs and they thus must admit that God never spoke to me.

Now I'm prompted to pray for her salvation as well as mine, to ignore and over come sin and bad influence.

In the past others told me to pray, and be patient concerning the young women, now I feel God calling me home to church.

I guess my question is, has God spoken to me or is this in my head?

Hi Raul

Thank you so much for this question.  I believe that God is speaking to you.  The best way to check and make sure that what you feel is really God moving in you... this prompting must be in harmony with His revealed Word, the Bible.

1.  The Bible says God loves you.

John 3:16 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 5:8 (AV)
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

2.  The Bible tells us that we have sinned and need to have that sin paid for.

Romans 6:23 (AV)
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

3.  If we believe we can have eternal life.

Acts 16:3031 (AV)
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Ask God to show you truth... He will show you through the Bible.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God-Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation of truth for faith and practice. If you ask this volunteer a question you will receive an answer from the Bible that is based upon a literal, normal interpretation, taking into account the grammar and culture of the time.

I have been in the ministry 20+ years. During that time I served as a Baptist youth pastor, christian counselor, church planter, and senior pastor.Please know thatI will be answering these questions from a biblical perspective, not a penticostal only perspective. (Since I am a Baptist, anyway) :)

B.S. in Bible