Pentecostals/creation

Question
Don,
   Genesis chapter 1 tells us that on the sixth day God created people, both male and female, and insructed them to populate the earth. In chapter 2 it tells us that God made a man from dirt, and a woman from his rib. (in chapter 3 we learn their names, Adam and Eve)
    So, did other people exist before Adam and Eve?
and, Is there anything in the Bible that says that Adam and Eve were the first people?
         Thanks
         Bob

Answer
Hi Bob,

Thank you so much for this great question.  I am very sorry for my late response.  Genesis chapter 2 is just an expanded version of what happened on the sixth day.  I do not believe that there were men on earth before Adam and Eve.  The Bible tells us that Eve was the mother of all living.

“And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.” (Genesis 3:20, AV)

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Pentecostals

Pastor Don Carpenter