Genesis chapter 1 tells us that on the sixth day God created people, both male and female, and insructed them to populate the earth. In chapter 2 it tells us that God made a man from dirt, and a woman from his rib. (in chapter 3 we learn their names, Adam and Eve)
    So, did other people exist before Adam and Eve?
and, Is there anything in the Bible that says that Adam and Eve were the first people?

Hi Bob,

Thank you so much for this great question.  I am very sorry for my late response.  Genesis chapter 2 is just an expanded version of what happened on the sixth day.  I do not believe that there were men on earth before Adam and Eve.  The Bible tells us that Eve was the mother of all living.

“And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.” (Genesis 3:20, AV)

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God-Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation of truth for faith and practice. If you ask this volunteer a question you will receive an answer from the Bible that is based upon a literal, normal interpretation, taking into account the grammar and culture of the time.

I have been in the ministry 20+ years. During that time I served as a Baptist youth pastor, christian counselor, church planter, and senior pastor.Please know thatI will be answering these questions from a biblical perspective, not a penticostal only perspective. (Since I am a Baptist, anyway) :)

B.S. in Bible