Have contacted you before.

Been going to many churches. A teacher invited me to her church which is methodist, big emphasis on prayer.

Went to a friends as well, cannot go often is 20 minutes away and I dint drive. Was a very different experience. I don't know much about Gods Spirit. Saw people cry, fall down, one got sick. The man was not pushing them, I was watching close. He prayed over me and I was not pushed.

I sadly don't feel different, maybe cause I'm skeptical of the whole thing. Yet the preacher came up to me afterward and told me to keep going forward and that God was powerful.

God has to come first, but my mind is confused. I've invited God into my life. Am unsure about what life with God is suppose to be like. I'm worried about my friend and her bad decisions. I'm praying she stops seeking out a bad lifestyle and fools.

When I asked God about her he told me pray, be patient have faith. I'm not sure why, he didn't talk in a voice but through natural means and others. Been almost a year, seen very little change, I can't change her, it's up to God. But I need to put God first not her, that's hard.

This seems to be a question that is difficult to answer not knowing more details personally.  I don't know anything about the specific church you referenced but am familiar with Charismatic worship.  Some Charismatic church are wonderful, Bible based houses of worship but others are clearly off base Biblically.  The deeper thing to be concerned about it discipleship.  It is far more important than all the external, demonstrative and emotional things often on display and in practice in many Charismatic churches.  The more important question is whether or not your walk of discipleship is cause the image of Christ to be formed in you.  Anything else can be a distraction from that.  Life with God is disciplined, consistent and bears the fruit of the Spirit.  It isn't given to foolishness and ungodliness.  I can't tell you what to say or do about your friend other than to live a stable Christian life in front of her in hopes that the Spirit will convict her.    

Be sure to build your life on a Biblical foundation of full New Testament salvation.  Obey Acts 2:38 and put your full faith in Christ alone for salvation.  Repent, be baptized in the Name of Jesus and be filled with the Holy Spirit according to Acts 2:38.  
might look for a United Pentecostal Church in your area for further guidance.

God bless you!

Robert L. Morgan  

Robert L. Morgan

I was raised as a 4th generation Pentecostal in an ordained Assemblies of God minister's home and educated for the ministry at an A/G Bible College. I transitioned into the United Pentecostal Church International and also attended one of their Bible Colleges. I have a balanced understanding of the Oneness/Trinity debate, water baptism in the Name of Jesus, grace versus legalism, the new birth, the differences between Charismatic, Apostolic, and Pentecostal, worship, church history and the evolution of Christian theology. I have also personally confronted the issue of same gender attraction often found among classical Pentecostals.

I have a deep passion for doctrine and history which I invested myself into heavily while pursuing my education. My entire life has been spent finding Scriptural balance with help provided by exposure to reputable ministries from across the spectrum of the modern Pentecostal and Charismatic movements.

Presently, I am the General Chairman and co-founder of the Global Alliance of Affimring Apostolic Pentecostals, an "affirming" organization dedicated to sharing truth as it is understood by Pentecostals with all people, including but not limited to gay people in their pursuit of God's fullness in their often challenging lives. I attend a multicultural United Pentecostal Church in Tampa, FL.

The Pentecostal Herald. I was also one of the featured subjects of an article written for Charisma Magazine in 2000 regarding the issue of Homosexuality and Christianity.

I graduated in 1983 from Southeastern University in Lakeland, FL (Assemblies of God) with a Bachelors degree in Theology and Pastoral Ministry. I also attended JacksonCollege of Ministries in Jackson, MS where I studied organ, piano and vocal music. I attended A/G churches all my life until 1985 when I fully transitioned in the United Pentecostal Church International. I held a General License with the UPC for several years before resigning to confront personal issues with which I was struggling.