Pentecostals/Adult Baptism

Question
Hi, I'm curious about as to how the doctrine of adult-only baptism became embedded into Pentecostalism. I know Pentecostalism is a broad term, but I speaking about Trinitarian Pentecostalism e.g. Assemblies of God, Foursquare Church etc.

To be understanding Pentescostalism developed out of the Azuza Street revival where Christians in the Holiness Movement who had broken away from the Methodist Church had been Baptized with the Holy Spirit.

As for Water Baptism, to my understanding apart from the Baptist Churches who only baptize adults, other historical protestant churches e.g. Methodist, Lutheran, Anglican and Presbyterian, all baptize both infants and adults and have no problem with baptizing infants.

What I'm curious about is the fact that Pentecostals historically had come out of Methodism, not the Baptist Churches. I'm curious as to how the Pentecostal Churches adopted the Baptist doctrine of only baptizing adults. Did the Baptist Churches have any direct influence upon the development of the Pentecostal Churches? I'm just surprised that some Pentecostal doctrines more closely resemble Baptists than Methodists.

Answer
DEAR MARK,

JESUS AND JOHN ALWAYS TAUGHT "REPENT AND BE BAPTISED".

THE WHOLE MEANING OF WATER BAPTISM IS THAT YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS TO LIVE IN SIN AND LIVE IN THE SPIRIT OF GOD. BY YOUR OUTWARD CONFESSION OF BEING WATER BAPTISED, IT SHOW YOUR GIVING UP THE LIFE LEAD BY THE SIN NATURE AND FOLLOWING THE LIFE GIVING HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD FROM NOW ON.

BABIES CANT DO THIS!
CHILDREN WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND CAN'T DO THIS!
ONLY THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING CAN RECEIVE ANYTHING FROM WATER BAPTISM AND IT'S ORDER.

HENCE ADULT BAPTISM.

ITS CLEAR IN THE WORD OF GOD, NEVER MIND WHAT CHURCHES DO. FOLLOW JESUS NOT CHURCHES.

AND BE BLESS

Pentecostals

Rev Philip Dacre