Pentecostals/marrying a hindu person

Question
Hello,

I am a believing born again Christian born and brought up in a Christian family.
I have been in Canada for over 3 years now. I am in a relationship with a Hindu man. I really love him and I see a happy and secure future with him. I am sure about his faithfulness to me. He knows about my faith in Christ. I explained to him that since I am saved by my faith in Christ and He being the only God, I can not worship idols or eat food sacrificed to idols. He understands about my faith well and he has agreed that he won't ask me to do those things. His parents are also aware about the same. I want to marry him. My family does not want me to marry him only because he is a Hindu man. The only reason my family says no is religion. According to my opinion, he is not forcing me to follow Hinduism and we both are happy together.

My question is : will I lose salvation by marrying this Hindu man? Am I willingly rejecting Christ by opting to marry this guy I am happy with ?

Please help.

Thanks

Answer
Hi Nancy

Thank you so much for this personal and powerful question.  I am so sorry that I have taken so long to answer you.

I have a few different points for you to consider.

1.  You did not do anything other than believe to optain your salvation, therefore there is nothing you can do to lose your salvation.  Jesus saved you, He will keep you.

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one.” (John 10:27–30, KJV 1900)

“Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:” (Philippians 1:6, KJV 1900)

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8–9, KJV 1900)

2.  Now, while you will not lose your salvation, you will lose your joy when you willingly disobey the Bible.  If you are a born again Christian and he is not, you are both headed in different directions.    The Bible is very clear that you are not to link up with an unbeliever.... to marry someone who is not a Christian is to do just that.  Note the following verses:

“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,” (2 Corinthians 6:14–17, KJV 1900)

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Pentecostals

Pastor Don Carpenter