Pentecostals/What is being saved mean?

Question
Hello Robert

I come from a RC family background
I have christain work mates and they talk about Jesus being their personal saviour.
Having a personal relationship with him!
And their saved by putting faith in what Jesus done on the cross!
They go to church
I go to chapel
Could you please explain to me is there a differents between me and them.
Thank you for your time"

Answer
Hi Fran!

I am so glad to hear from you and will happy to try and answer your question.

First of all, if there are more questions after reading this, please write me at RMorgan112@gmail.com or call me at 813-404-1837.  The reason I am offering you this is because I have a heart for those in the Catholacism.  

I'll TRY to be to the point.  First of all, one of the underlying differences is the Catholics believe church tradition carries the same weight as the Word of God as the authority in our lives.  Also, since the Reformation in the 1500's, Protestants Strongly contend that Jesus is the ONLY mediator between God and man for salvation, not the church.  According to the Scriptures, we are born again (saved) today just as early believers were saved in the New Testament, particularly the Book of Acts.  This is the pattern Jesus Himself established and intended for us to follow.  The New Testament plan of salvation according to Acts 2:38 and 39, is faith in the risen Jesus alone as Savior and Lord.  That faith to believe is a gift from God Himself.  Secondly, in response to the drawing of the Holy Spirit and the faith He gives us, we repent of any and all sin and declare our willingness to follow Jesus as His disciple.  Thirdly, all New Testament believers were baptized (immersed) in water in the Name of Jesus Christ (the early church never used the titles Father, Son and Holy Ghost).  Fourthly, God has promised to fill us with His Spirit which is what happened to the early church in Acts 2:4.  God gives us the evidence of speaking with other tongues when God gives us His Spirit.  This entire process begins with simple faith at which time spiritual life in concieved in the heart.  It is this New Testament plan of salvation that regenerates the heart and gives us spiritual new birth.  We don't join the church, we are BORN into it!  After being saved, a disciple needs to get into a Bible believing church that teaches total and complete reliance on Jesus and His Word.  Salvation is NOT of works or being a member of any particular church.  It is the result of faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross and our continued discipleship following the Lord Jesus who was God in the flesh.   

Does this help?  Please let me know if I can clarify anything.  God bless you for your hunger for God.  It is leading you into all truth!

Robert
Acts 2:38!  

Pentecostals

Robert L. Morgan