Is there any future scope in PeopleSoft Finance in GL module?
Is it a better option to start with it as a career? especially about the convergenc?

It depends on each Individual experience and their Interest
In my view, Still there is scope for the next 4 years as Oracle is supporting and planning for the new releases and there are many companies continue using peoplesoft

You can become as SME(Subject Matter Expert) in one module but you should know basic functional flow of all important modules

PeopleSoft is an ERP system

PeopleSoft FSCM Application (Core Modules - AP,AR,AM,Purchasing,Billing,Grants,GL)
PeopleSoft HCM Application (Core modules - HR, Time & Labor, Benefits, NA Payroll)
PeopleSoft EPM Application

I am not sure of your expertise and Basing on your background, you can start career in any of these roles

PeopleSoft Functional  
PeopleSoft Technical (You should have programming experience)
PeopleSoft Admin

For more details, you can refer peoplebooks online and it will provide you better understanding.

Please let me know for any questions.

PeopleSoft Technical/SQR/PeopleCode/AE/CI/Webservices/Upgrade/Data Conversion related questions

9+ Years experience. 2 implementations & 2 upgrades Data Conversion Enhancements & Production Support projects

PeopleSoft Certified Professional