Peoplesoft/PeopleSoft SSO issue

I have this nagging issue with PeopleSoft SSO. From our PROD environment, we have a link setup for our reporting environment with with SSO setup. The way it works is, a custom link is provided to the users that when accessed, launches a reporting instance using LDAP connection. A supposedly very simple setup.
A little background:
We recently upgraded our system from PT8.48 with FIN 8.4 to PT8.52 with FSCM 9.1. We are WINDOWS shop (WIN 08R2 all around with MSSQL 08 DB). SSO setup above worked great with old TOOLS. With newer Tools however, when user clicks on the link, he/she gets a blank page which gets populated when user hits F5 to refresh the page. I should mention that we are using IE 8. I have a case open with PeopleSoft but like with any other issue, their incompetence has no limit. They have come up with nothing.
So, my question is, what is causing this issue? Is this some new feature in IE8 that's causing the enviornment not to load or perhaps not load some java libs. etc.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi RD,

There are various issues which may show the symptoms you are having with the app.

1. The issue may be primarily with the old cache in app/web levels.
2. SSO setup is not allowing the files to transfer in appropriate numbers. Check SSO settings for content transfer and time to live options. Also check time-out settings.
3. Your setup shows the symptoms of early problems which may be the result of left-over from upgrade.

You would need to trace the issue using various methods. Check SSO logs for time outs, expired content etc.

There are no easy answers but somethting always works. Sorry for a late reply.

Mahendra Singh

I will answer questions related to PeopleTools, Installations, configurations and upgrade issues for versions from 7.5 to 8.4x.

I can answer questions in HRMS Modules as well:

Time and Labor

Absence Management

Payroll Interface

Global Payroll

North American Payroll

UK Payroll

I am working in Peoplesoft Technical Consulting since 2000.

MCA, MBA and various other certifications. I am ITIL certified as well.