Peoplesoft/Crystal Error

Question

hi,
Crystal Techies
I am on PeopleTools 8.4 and 8.8 Application FSCM
I am trying to run custom query based crystal on process scheduler
I am passing parameters and having checked the process definition for that. I can run the crystal within crystal with no problem.
but when I am trying to run through process scheduler it is giving me the error as below in exact words:

Crystal Reports Print Engine error text: Error in File w:\stcrw\s_test.rpt:
Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. %6 %7 %8 %9 (65,30)
Message Set Number: 65
Message Number: 30
Message Reason: Crystal Reports Print Engine error text: Error in File c:\pt8.46\crw\eng\x8bipqty.rpt

Thanks in advance for enriching me with your knowledge,

Answer
Please refer to the article Doc ID 639351.1 from the Oracle support

Applies to:
PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
SPECIFIC TO: Crystal 9, Crystal 2008
Checked for Relevance on 11-27-2012.

This document was previously published as Customer Connection Solution 200971867

Symptoms
When running a custom Crystal report customer might get the following error in the Message Log:
"Crystal Reports Print Engine error text: Error in File <file name> Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. %6 %7 %8 %9 (65,30)"

Cause
Not Applicable

Solution
This error usually means that the Crystal reports have not been setup properly in the Crystal Application to be ran via the PSNT Server.  To fix the error, open the Crystal report directly in the Crystal Application.  Before you do ANYTHING, you must FIRST log on to the PSoft database by doing the following:

Database > Log On or Off Server > hit the plus sign (+) next to the folder called "create new connections" > hit the plus sign (+) next to the ODBC (RDO) folder > highlight PeopleSoft PeopleTools for the Data Source name and hit the Next button > enter your User ID/password and database information (such as ORACLE/H881G2BP - this is a 2-tier connection into my H881G2BP Oracle database) > hit the close button and then go up and hit the Lightning Bolt to bring the data down into the Crystal report.

Next, run a Database > Set Datasource Location and when the Set Datasource Location Window opens, highlight the name of the Query in the upper portion of the Window, and then in the lower portion of the Window, highlight the name of the Query again, and then hit the Update button.  Then, follow that up with a Database > Verify Database and re-save the Crystal report and test running via the PSNT Server.

The error message is typically caused when creating the Crystal report initially and associating the Crystal report with a PeopleSoft Query listed under the folder called "current connections".  You NEVER want to select Queries under this folder even though it might look okay because you can see all of the PSoft Queries under that folder.  If you setup your Crystal reports pointing to Queries under the "current connections" folder, they will work in the Crystal Application, but fail with the error you are receiving when ran via the PSNT Server.

Please also refer to these Solutions/Resolutions for additional information on how to log on to the PSoft database via the Crystal  Application:
- Document:622987.1  - Crystal 9/PTools 8.44 - How to log into the PSoft database from the Crystal 9 Application?
- Document:623704.1  - "QDM could not load query definition" error in Crystal 9 Application  

Peoplesoft

kumar