Peoplesoft/Home vs Host record in PSHRMS

Hi peter

I have a scenario where in PSHRMS HR admin wants to access only the Host record of the empoloyee and not the Home record. We are on Ps 9.1 and tools 8.51 version. This is needed in case of the Global Assignment tracking for employee where employee travels from X country to Y country. In this case Home country is say X and host is Y so HR wants to access only record related to Y only.

Can we do this using security row level..Need your suggestions...

Hi Sitpati,

This is possible.  Before you make any changes, please do test out the security to ensure it meets the desired business needs in a non-production system first.

Setting Up Home/Host Security Options

To enable home host security:

Select the Include Home/Host Access? check box on the Security Install Settings page (SCRTY_INSTALL) and indicate which version of Home/Host security you want to use.

On the Security Access Type page (SCRTY_TYPE2_TBL), select which version of Home/Host security to use.

By enabling Home/Host security at the security access type level, you can use it with one security type but not another.

For example, managers many have data permission using the Job Department Tree security access type and HR administrators have access using the Job Location access type. You could enable Home/Host Security for the Job Location access type to allow HR administrators to continue to administer employees on assignment, while not enabling it for managers so that they can continue to only see their current direct reports.

I hope this helps.

Peter Choi

I am a senior Oracle DBA, PeopleSoft HCM specialist and Project Manager with 15+ years experience. I have been working with PeopleSoft (HRMS/HCM 5, 7, 7.x and 8.9, 9.x), Oracle RDBMS (7.3 - 11gR2) on various Unix and MS-Windows platforms, and some Oracle Application Server (9i - 11gR1). I also have experience with the configuration and administration of PeopleSoft's Internet Architecture (PIA) and the Oracle 11g Fusion Middleware and Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI).