Peoplesoft/Difference between Peoplesoft Application Designer and Peopletools

Question
Hi Peter,

I am new to PS technology.

I wish to design functionality in HCVv.2 and wish to develop the responsive web application for leave management, then can I use peoplesoft Application Designer. Actually I am not getting exact idea that should I use PS Application Designer or should I use Peopletools?

Nik

Answer
Hi Nik,

PeopleTools is the generic suite of tools used to develop code for PeopleSoft. PeopleTools Application Designer is used to build the application interface (what the end-user see on the web). There are other tools, such as Data Mover (used to move data between databases),  App Engine (for batch processing).

PeopleCode is the the business rules code that performs the data validation.

So to build your leave management module or make changes to an existing page, PeopleTools App Designer is the correct tool to use.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Peoplesoft

Peter Choi