Peoplesoft/Create paysheet process - PSPPYBLD is going to error

Question
PSPPYBLD
PSPPYBLD  
Create paysheet process - 'PSPPYBLD' is going to error and not able to access View Log/Trace neither there is any message in message log too.

Answer
The fact that the job is in Error in the process scheduler suggests the issue may be prior to the launch of the COBOL program -- PSPPYBLD.  Is the process scheduler able to find the executable file? Is it able to write to the defined out file location for the normal logging function.

PSPPYBLD is a COBOL process.  It does write an out file with log information including failure clues.  This file might not be found where you are looking, but it should be posted by the process scheduler.  Also, make sure the logging function is not turned off in the server configuration -- a bad practice.  

Peoplesoft

Matthew Bowden