Steve wrote at 2012-11-23 23:32:26
Hi Kelley

Aconitums can be very tempermental and can take up to 4 years to flower if moved. Yours may be over crowded and may need dividing. Be warned that it may not flower for another 2-3 years if you do this.

Tuberous roots can be easily divided by digging up and separating the tubers and replanting. Fiberous rooted Aconitums need splitting with a knife or a spade.

Hope this helps

Tom Alonzo

I have been a gardener for 20 years with perennials both growing from seed and from nurseries. I went through the Master Gardener Program from Kansas State University Cooperative Extension Service and I answered questions on the Hotline a few years ago for the Wyandotte County Kansas Extension Service. I have also lived in the Florida, California, Hawaii, Arizona, Texas, Kansas and Missouri and am experienced with a variety of climates, soils and weather conditions.

I have been growing perennials for over 20 years now. I am self-taught mostly except for a master gardener class. I have experimented with all kinds of perennials including many that are not common to my area. I have read hundreds of books and grown hundreds of varieties of plants and hope to make it a business some day. I have become versed in botanical names and growing conditions and what I don't know off of the top of my head I can usually easily find in my vast array of research material and botanical and horticultural contacts. I especially enjoy experimenting with growing plants out of zone.