Perennials/yucca elephantites

How often should this plant be waterd ? & why are the leaves at bottom of plant healthy , but leaves at top  are going crispy & brown , thank you

Hi Craig

Yuccas are watered every two to three weeks in summer and every four weeks through winter.

These are tough plants and are resilient to shade, heat and dry soil.

One reason why upper leaves crisp up is dry air. Keep it humid by spraying but also look for pest in the crown.

Another reason is that it is getting too much light or not enough food.

I think that the more possible reason for your plant is that it is not humid enough and the reason why the upper leaves are crisping is that they are more tender and need more humidity than the lower ones.

Look after it and it will recover.

Jonathan Alderson

I can answer questions in most topics of house plants, cacti and succelents, alpines and bedding plants. I know quite a bit about bulbs too. I know a lot about propagation of most of the above plants. I cannot answer questions about hardwood cuttings and pruning. I know when to sow seeds and bed out and over-wintering. I don't know much about landscaping and constructing. I have an NVQ in horticulture and i am now trying to make my own books on a range of different plants types. I am always propagating plants and i own a greenhouse with a lot of the above plants types and also over-wintering half hardies. I have grown up around plants and became interested 7 years ago when i was 14 and since then, my experience has become more or less expert. I have asperger's sydrome, so that is why i know as much as i do at the age of 21. I live in sheffeild and i work at an allotment.

I have been interested in plants since I was 14 and Im now 21 and my experience has become more or less expert. I own a greenhouse and I have a lot of house plants and over-wintering half hardy plants. I have been at college and did horticulture courses. I passed too. I am always propagating and tending to my plants. i have asperger's sydrome and that is why I am so intelligent about plants and i know all about common and latin names. I have a lot of gardening books and I am always reading through them.

Tradebase Allotment Project.

I have an NVQ level one in horticulture.

I have awards from college from my NVQ level one in horticulture. Every one i know always come to me on advice on plants. I am trying to put my own books together to give advice on a range of plants.