I had a pothos plant in a pot. it had few leafs and it was fine when the winter started I kept my pothos in the garage and due to extreme temp drop (iowa) now it is dying because of the cold weather. i just read that they are perennials so will it grow again in summer. it had a small plant with couple of roots will that effect the regrowing in next summer. what shold i do to keep it alive.

Hi Mary,
Thanx for your question.  Pothos is a tropical plant.  Remove all of the dead growth and keep the plant in a warm environment in a sunny window.  Water it regularly where the soil is damp but not soggy.  You can allow the soil to dry out a bit in between waterings.  You can feed the plant with a 12-12-12 liquid fertilizer available at most hardware stores.  Follow the directions on the package.  Applications are usually once every 10-14 days.  The plant, should recover well before summer.  I hope this helps.

Tom Alonzo

I have been a gardener for 20 years with perennials both growing from seed and from nurseries. I went through the Master Gardener Program from Kansas State University Cooperative Extension Service and I answered questions on the Hotline a few years ago for the Wyandotte County Kansas Extension Service. I have also lived in the Florida, California, Hawaii, Arizona, Texas, Kansas and Missouri and am experienced with a variety of climates, soils and weather conditions.

I have been growing perennials for over 20 years now. I am self-taught mostly except for a master gardener class. I have experimented with all kinds of perennials including many that are not common to my area. I have read hundreds of books and grown hundreds of varieties of plants and hope to make it a business some day. I have become versed in botanical names and growing conditions and what I don't know off of the top of my head I can usually easily find in my vast array of research material and botanical and horticultural contacts. I especially enjoy experimenting with growing plants out of zone.