Perennials/bracteantha paper-like flower

Is the BRACTEANTHA paper-like flower (jumbo yellow) a perennial?

Hi Rebecca,
Thanx for your question.  The bracteantha is used as an annual but is actually a short-lived perennial from Australia.  As a short-lived annual, it has a life-span of 2-3 years.  It will tolerate light frosts but it does best in Zones 8-9 which are the Gulf Coast US and farther South for Zone 9.  We use this plant as an annual in the U.S.  I hope this helps.

Tom Alonzo

I have been a gardener for 20 years with perennials both growing from seed and from nurseries. I went through the Master Gardener Program from Kansas State University Cooperative Extension Service and I answered questions on the Hotline a few years ago for the Wyandotte County Kansas Extension Service. I have also lived in the Florida, California, Hawaii, Arizona, Texas, Kansas and Missouri and am experienced with a variety of climates, soils and weather conditions.

I have been growing perennials for over 20 years now. I am self-taught mostly except for a master gardener class. I have experimented with all kinds of perennials including many that are not common to my area. I have read hundreds of books and grown hundreds of varieties of plants and hope to make it a business some day. I have become versed in botanical names and growing conditions and what I don't know off of the top of my head I can usually easily find in my vast array of research material and botanical and horticultural contacts. I especially enjoy experimenting with growing plants out of zone.