Perennials/ground cover for slope that does not attract Bees

I'm looking for ideas to cover a slope with low ground or grasses
that is perennial, low water, and does NOT attract bees. Slope is about 15 feet from top to bottom but over 100 feet long. In the central valley of California. Nothing invasive.

Thank you

Jo Anna

Hi Jo Anna,
Thanx for your question.

Check out these for non-invasive California native ground covers.

And these:

pachysandra - Pachysandra terminalis

this plant flowers briefly and then is covered with beautiful berries the rest of the time -

I hope this helps.  Most ground covers will flower a bit and many will flower briefly in the spring and many have non-descript flowers that aren't particularly attractive to bees.  

Tom Alonzo

I have been a gardener for 20 years with perennials both growing from seed and from nurseries. I went through the Master Gardener Program from Kansas State University Cooperative Extension Service and I answered questions on the Hotline a few years ago for the Wyandotte County Kansas Extension Service. I have also lived in the Florida, California, Hawaii, Arizona, Texas, Kansas and Missouri and am experienced with a variety of climates, soils and weather conditions.

I have been growing perennials for over 20 years now. I am self-taught mostly except for a master gardener class. I have experimented with all kinds of perennials including many that are not common to my area. I have read hundreds of books and grown hundreds of varieties of plants and hope to make it a business some day. I have become versed in botanical names and growing conditions and what I don't know off of the top of my head I can usually easily find in my vast array of research material and botanical and horticultural contacts. I especially enjoy experimenting with growing plants out of zone.