Perennials/what is this plant

the plant
the plant  

flowers on plant
flowers on plant  
Hi I have had this plant a while and I am not sure what it is my mate say it looks like a calandiva but none of the pictures look like my plant thought you may know what the plant is thanks so much pictures attached

Hi Rebecca,
Thanx for your question.  I'm not a houseplant expert but it does look like a leggy kalanchoe or kalandiva.  The flowers look similar to some varieties of the plant you mention.  The leaves appear to be succulent like kalanchoe/kalandiva.  Is there any way to get a closer pic of the flower to be sure?  Where I live, kalanchoes can get leggy like your plant, because in the winter, our sun, isn't very bright.  The plant is usually more compact and the leaves larger.  But, it does look like kalanchoe/kalandiva.  I hope this helps.

Tom Alonzo

I have been a gardener for 20 years with perennials both growing from seed and from nurseries. I went through the Master Gardener Program from Kansas State University Cooperative Extension Service and I answered questions on the Hotline a few years ago for the Wyandotte County Kansas Extension Service. I have also lived in the Florida, California, Hawaii, Arizona, Texas, Kansas and Missouri and am experienced with a variety of climates, soils and weather conditions.

I have been growing perennials for over 20 years now. I am self-taught mostly except for a master gardener class. I have experimented with all kinds of perennials including many that are not common to my area. I have read hundreds of books and grown hundreds of varieties of plants and hope to make it a business some day. I have become versed in botanical names and growing conditions and what I don't know off of the top of my head I can usually easily find in my vast array of research material and botanical and horticultural contacts. I especially enjoy experimenting with growing plants out of zone.