Perennials/yellow Easter lillies

Question
Thank you so much, Tom, for your help and time.  I have been looking up this question on the internet and cannot find anything about it.  I am wanting to dig some yellow Easter Lilies that are already bloomed from my yard and put them into pots for a project.  I can only find information about transplanting lilies from pots to the ground.  Will this work?  Will the lily die?  Thank you!  (I live in Northwest Arkansas if that helps)

Answer
Hi Tanya,
Thanx for your question and I apologize for taknig so long to answer.  Here's the deal.  Once the lily has bloomed, the green growth will continue to gather energy from the sun which helps the bulb create sugars for next years growth (that are stored in the bulb).   If you dig the plant up now, do not cut off the green growth.  Allow it to yellow and wither and then you can safely remove it.  The lily shouldn't die just from being transplanted.  Keep the pot watered but not soggy.  Nothing will happen this year but the lilies should sprout and bloom next year in the pot.  I hope this helps.
Tom

Perennials

Tom Alonzo