Perennials/Plant Identification

Question
White Flower
White Flower  
I live in southeast Michigan and would like to know if you know the name of this plant of flower. Thank You in Advance.

Answer
Greetings Linda,

It's a yucca plant, and the kind of yucca that is hardy in northern zones. It's a perennial, and usually evergreen, and bees, butterflies and birds love it. It is very drought tolerant, and requires very little care. It is one of about 40 species, and its identifying characteristics are the rosettes of evergreen, sword shaped leaves at the bottom and panicles of white flowers at the top.

Thank you for the great picture. It made it much easier for me to identify.

If I can provide you with any more information, please feel free to write again.

Best wishes,

Donna

Perennials

Donna Mack