Periodontics/tooth brushes

Question
I have periodontal problems and want to remove plaque.
Can you answer a question on toothbrushes like Sonicare
and OralB  (rechargeable)   Do you know of the two which
cleans better?

Thanks          Dick

Answer
Both Sonicare and Oral-B toothbrushes remove plaque very effectively. Oral-B has several models, though, some of which are not as effective as the best and most expensive ones.

In brushing, the most important thing is to be systematic so that no teeth or surfaces get neglected. Brushing also should last for at least two to three minutes. A shorter brushing time does not ensure that all areas are brushed properly. A shorter brushing time also does not allow the fluoride in the tooth paste to attach to the tooth surfaces.

No brush or brushing technique is good enough if the spaces between the teeth are not cleaned as well. Daily flossing is therefore necessary.

Periodontics

Marketta Hormia, DDS, PhD