Periodontics/2nd opinion

Hi Dr.Siegelman, I corresponded with you recently.  You recommended Dr. Rosen for a 2nd opinion.  I do have an appt with him.  My problem is I have to get my X-rays from my present periodontist that I have seen twice and I feel really uncomfortable explaining why I need them.  How insulted do doctors get when you say you are getting a second opinion? I liked him but I don't know him and I would feel a lot better hearing another opinion.  Any suggestions?  Thank you, Lynn

Lynn, by law you are entitled to a copy of your records.  I would politely call his office and request the x rays.  You do not need to give a reason for the request.  If they ask you why you are going somewhere else you can tell them that they did nothing wrong but you are interested in another opinion.  My advice is to focus on yourself.  Just make sure you don't fail any appointments or cancel without sufficient notice.  Then you are wasting their time and that will make them upset.  Other than that I wouldn't worry one bit about whether or not he is insulted.  Patients change doctors all the time.  

Good Luck
Dr. Siegelman

Bryan M. Siegelman, DDS

I can answer any question relating to the diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease. I can also answer questions relating to the placement and restoration of dental implants.

I have been practicing Perioodontics for the past 20 years. I limit my practice to periodontics and implant dentistry. I am a diplomate of the American Academy of Periodontology. I am in private practice in Pennsylvania and am on staff at the local hospital in my home town. My practice website is

American Academy of Periodontology, Academy of Osseointegration, American Dental Association, American College of Dentists, Pennsylvania Dental Association

I have a BS from Muhlenberg College, I did a general practice residency at St. Joeseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Paterson, NJ. I received my DDS degree and specialty certificate from the University of Maryland Dental School.