Periodontics/Previous question

Question
I sent you a question recently and you sent an answer saying that You didn't understand the question. The question is what is your opinion on a bleeding gum after osseous surgery?  Thank you, Liz

Answer
Healthy gums should not bleed. If there  is  bleeding that usually means that there is plaque accumulation in the area. This may be from plaque getting trapped along the edge of a filling or crown.  It could also be that you are leaving plaque behind despite brushing and flossing. Simply completing the act of brushing or flossing does not mean that one was effective at it.  Just like everyone throwing a bowling ball down the alley does not get a strike every time.  

I would talk with your Periodontist about what the reason may be for the bleeding in the area and what steps may be needed to correct the situation.

I hope that answers your question.

Best regards
Dr. Scharf

Http://drscharf.com.  

Periodontics

David Scharf